Voting is now closed: If you are looking for the results, follow this link: Votes for the APDM Australian Top 50!
What is the APDM Top 50?
The APDM Top 50 is a list of the fifty most influential people in the Australian pole community for the year as voted by you. It is an endeavour by APDM to give recognition and appreciation for members of the pole community who have been instrumental in the growth and development of our local industry over the past year.
We would like this list to be compiled in a fair and respectful manner. Thus, there are a few rules in regards to the voting process. The list should be a true reflection of how each member of the pole community feels, not a campaigning exercise. If you have been a strong contributor, your presence will speak for itself.
Who can I vote for?
There is no shortlist, and voting can be for any member of the community. Performers, Studio Owners, Industry Small Business Operators, Competition Organisers, Event Organisers, Producers, Photographers, Bloggers, Innovators, Movers and Shakers. Please try and consider who has really contributed specifically in 2015, as opposed to “of all time”.
Campaigning is not considered fair play.
What is campaigning? Do’s and Don’ts:
- DO share and mention the Top 50 voting, post links to vote and even include something like “if you feel I deserve a mention in this list, please include me in your vote”.
- DO vote for yourself if you feel you deserve to be on the list
- DON’T spam people or aggressively campaign on social media “vote for me!” style – or get others to campaign on your behalf.
- DON’T send bulk emails asking for people to vote, or hustle votes from your friends outside the pole community
- DON’T use technology tools for mass voting
How will it be regulated?
We will be monitoring the back end for signs of corrupted voting and discounting anything that looks like the result of unfair play. Any evidence of aggressive campaigning via social media or emails may result in disqualification.
Voting will be open from late December until midnight January 17th, 2016. We will publish the Top 50 list in our March Issue with a feature article spotlighting each of the Top 10. Results will also be published on our website.
So, start thinking about who YOU think deserves to be on the list. Stay tuned to find out when voting opens!
Credit to 21st Century Burlesque for inspiring this process